If your project doesn’t require planning permission or building regulations approval, it may not be immediately obvious what benefits an architect can bring to the table. The interior design services we offer range from advice on replacing a tired kitchen or bathroom, through to a complete re-ordering of your home. We may not have to make any formal applications, but a comprehensive set of drawings are still incredibly valuable. We will start by talking about what you want to achieve, and arranging for the spaces to be measured up. Once the measurements are completed, we’ll produce a series of sketches and a mood board. The drawings will explore different layout options, and the images on the board help to focus on the style you are looking for.
Once the layout of the spaces are agreed, we’ll produce a detailed set of drawings illustrating the proposed works. The drawings will vary from project to project, but typically follow show the following;
- Where existing walls and openings are to be adjusted or removed.
- Adjusted door positions or opening directions
- Location of bathroom fittings, and how the new waste runs will connect to your existing drainage.
- Areas of different flooring finishes.
- Areas of wall tiling, timber cladding boards and dado rails.
- Changes to staircases
- Insulation, damp proofing or other wall upgrades
- Localised repairs
- Built in furniture such as shelving, wardrobes or window seats
- Electrical layouts for lighting, switches and socket positions
- Dimensions for setting out new elements
- References to clauses within the schedule of work